How to setup android development on Linux
The Android SDK provides you the API libraries and developer tools necessary to build, test, and debug apps for Android.This document isuse to preparing an overview of the steps while installing and configure Android on your Ubuntu Linux system. Before installingAndroid SDK you must have Oracle Java JDK or OpenJDK on your system. OpenJDK (aka Open Java Development Kit) is a free and open source implementation of the Java programming language. These steps are as below
- Prepare your development environment and make sure it meets the system requirements.
- Install the Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
- After installing (SDK) download and configure the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Download and then Install the Android Development Tool (ADT) Plugin for Eclipse IDE Add Android platforms and other basic components to your SDK
- At last Create your Android Virtual Device (AVD)